Monday, January 8, 2007

New Skyray second day

Tried to fly on Saturday but couldn't get the engine to start. Just as well, as soon as I got everything put in the car the wind kicked up something fierce. SUnday though was a different story. First made sure to charge glow driver (doh!!!) then hoped the nice weather would hold until after church. It did.

Went a couple of clicks richer for first flight (third flight on the airplane) but it is still flying a little fatser than the old Skyray. Also, the engine is surging in flight. The airplane seems to hunt a little in flight too, but this might be because of the wind.

On the next flight, went a couple more clicks rich. This seemed to finally start to slow the plane down into my comfort zone. Since I could now concentrate on something besides not getting dizzy I started to notice other things... like a weird vibration - so bad that the up line had a sine wave visible in flight. Something else to sort out. Engine run is very consistant throughout flight, when fuel is done it burps once or twice and quits. Decided to find and fix the vibration problem before flying again. I _think_ I balanced the prop... I'm still amazed at how well this thing glides and how easy it is to land compared to my first Skyray.

No comments: